Explore Crawford County is the official Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) of Crawford County, Kansas. We are more than a guide of where to eat, play, stay, or have your tournament or meeting in Pittsburg or surrounding towns. We inspire travelers to see our community as a destination for experiences they will want to return to. We promote our entire community to leisure travelers, business travelers, meeting professionals, and more. We connect planners with lodging and other event needs. And, we represent tourism and hospitality professionals in our area who serve the traveling public.
Explore Crawford County
P.O. Box 1115
117 W. 4th St.
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Office: +1 (620) 231-1212
(* Eligible for re-election)
- Board Chairperson: Rick Hardy, Ph.D. – Pittsburg State University (Expires: December 31, 2023*)
- Vice Chair: Pam Henderson – U.S. Senator Jerry Moran (Expires: December 31, 2024*)
- Secretary/Treasurer: Courtney Powell – General Manager, Comfort Inn and Suites (Expires: December 31, 2023*)
- At Large: LaWana Johnson – General Manager, Holiday Inn Express and Suites (Expires: December 31, 2023*)
- At Large: Lynn Grant – Retired (Expires: December 31, 2023)
- Ex-Officio: Dave Looby – Director, Explore Crawford County (Destination Marketing Organization/DMO)
- Ex-Officio: Blake Benson – President, Pittsburg Area Chamber of Commerce
- Ex-Officio: Jessica Ripper – Executive Director, Girard Area Chamber of Commerce
- Shelby Cannon – Owner, Pearls & Curls (Expires: December 31, 2023*)
- Sookie Fields – Owner, Frisco Event Center and Family Fun Depot (Expires: December 31, 2023*)
- Jeff McKain – General Manager, Kansas Crossing Casino (Expires: December 31, 2023)
- Damian Smithhisler – Associate Athletic Director, Facilities Robert W. Plaster Center Coordinator, Pittsburg State University Athletics (Expires: December 31, 2024*)
- Brenna Whetzell – Sales Manager, Hampton Inn & Suites (Expires: December 31, 2024*)
- Sara Vacca – Director, Pittsburg Family YMCA (Expires: December 31, 2023)
- Bruce Blair
- Tom Moody
- Carl Woods
Explore Crawford County Employees
More about Explore Crawford County
The mission of the Crawford County Convention and Visitors Bureau, also known as Explore Crawford County, is to promote travel and tourism in Crawford County, Kansas through sporting events, conventions, conferences and general travel. Utilize attractions, facilities and accommodations to promote travel and economic growth in Crawford County.
Advisory Board Duties & Responsibilities
The Advisory Board provides input to the Crawford County CVB as it seeks to fulfill its mission.
- Full Board Meetings are held the 2nd Wednesday every other month at 8:00 a.m. CST. (February, April, June, August, October & December) – Plus, the Annual Meeting is 2nd Wednesday of January at 12 p.m.
- Executive Committee Meetings are held the 2nd Wednesday every other month at 8 a.m. CST (March, May, July, September & November).
- Budget review
Application to be considered for the Advisory Board
All applicants must be residents of Crawford County, Kansas. Download the file below, limit all answers to available space, then email the document to email@example.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.