Commencement ceremonies for undergraduate and graduate students are planned for Dec. 15 and 16 in the Robert W. Plaster Center and the John Lance Arena at Pittsburg State University.
Here’s what to expect; additional details can be found at pittstate.edu/commencement:
Friday, Dec. 15, 2023
- 5 p.m. – Kelce College of Business
- 7 p.m. – College of Arts and Sciences (School of Sciences and Mathematics; School of Humanities and Fine and Performing Arts; School of Nursing, School of History, Philosophy, and Social Sciences)
Saturday, Dec. 16, 2023
- 9 a.m. – College of Technology (School of Automotive & Engineering Technology; School of Construction)
- 11 a.m. – College of Technology (School of Technology & Workforce Learning)
- 1 p.m. – College of Education (Department of Teaching & Leadership)
- 3 p.m. – College of Education (Department of Health, Human Performance & Recreation; Department of Psychology & Counseling)
Each ceremony will include both undergraduate and graduate degree candidates.
- 10 a.m. Friday, Dec. 15, three ROTC cadets will be commissioned in a pinning ceremony, planned for the ballroom in the Bickell Family Center for the Arts.
Graduates and ticketed guests should check in together 15 minutes prior to the ceremony start time at the Plaster Center and proceed around the track to the designated area. Before reaching check-in, graduates should have their name cards in hand and tickets should be distributed to guests.
Guests, tickets, and seating
All students planning to attend commencement must RSVP and register for guest tickets by Dec. 13. Graduates may register for two tickets for guests who will accompany them in the processional to the stage. Additional guests can attend and will be seated in John Lance Arena to view the processional. Tickets may be picked up at the Registrar’s Office in Russ Hall beginning Nov. 27 until noon on Dec. 15.
On-campus parking is available north of the Bicknell Center. No parking permit is needed. Parking is also available at the Kansas Technology Center and the Plaster Center accessed via the paved hike/bike trail. Parking spots on the far north lot of the Bicknell Family Center for the Arts are reserved for handicap parking.
PSU will webcast the commencement ceremonies via live stream at Pittstate.tv to accommodate additional family and friends not able to attend in person. The webcast will start shortly before each ceremony. An archived copy of the ceremonies will be available online at Pittstate.tv for viewing on demand.
A professional photographer will photograph each graduate three times, including on stage. Full color proofs will be provided directly to each graduate by email. Pictures can be ordered online, by phone, or by mail.
The Centennial Bell
Graduates are invited to ring the Centennial Bell Tower between Axe Library and Carnie Smith Stadium before or after their ceremony. The Centennial Bell Tower will be open on May 12 from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and May 13 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
— Media Release from Pittsburg State University —